Friday, June 11, 2004

FRIGGIN RIBS

Moorhead, Minnesota

Well I’m still at the Days Inn. My four days off turned into five because the show got cancelled last night due to lack of interest. We actually had 8 people at the show but they decided to cancel anyway. I would have done it. Apparently we picked a bad week to be here. That’s the story of my life. Everywhere I go I hear, “oh you should have been here last week. We had to bring extra chairs in it was so crowded.” Apparently we picked a bad week in Moorhead because this weekend is the Rib Festival. I can’t compete with meat. Plus Night Ranger is playing at the Rib Festival tonight. I can’t compete with that either.

I’m tired of watching movies. Since I arrived in Moorhead I’ve spent a lot of time at the $1.50 Theater. I’ve seen Jersey Girl, Cold Mountain, and Starsky and Hutch. I thought Starsky and Hutch was funny even though I’ve never seen the original show. My family never had a TV growing up so I have about a 15 year pop culture blind spot. I totally missed the 80’s. I just saw E.T. a few years ago. I didn’t think it was that good. Maybe if I was 12 when I saw it, it would have been different. My wife makes me watch TV shows, and movies she loved in childhood. To me they all suck. If you don’t have the nostalgia attached to it, it’s just not the same. If I get nostalgic for my childhood entertainment, I have to read the Hardy Boys. Or the bible. Jesus makes a lot more sense when your 12 too.

No comments: