Saturday, November 19, 2005

I've been hosting the semi-finals of the Seattle Comedy Competition this week. Yeah its really cutting into my online poker time. Of the 3 or 4 contests I've watched or been a part of, I'd have to say this is the most evenly matched. I think everybody has been in the top 5 at least once in the 3 shows we've done so far. Lamont Ferguson is clearly the front runner at this point with two firsts and a second. One of the reasons it's been enjoyable seeing himdo so well is he is a lot of things that go against the current trends in comedy. He does smart material, he is not physical, and he is not young. Dave Metcalfe also goes against the current trend in comedy. You don't see a lot of hunchback comics. I'm sure that there is an actual medical name for his condition, but he calls himself a hunchback so I guess I will too. And if being a hunchback wasn't enough of a handicap he's also Mormon. Yeah he needs a sitcom. I haven't hosted anything in a long time. I'd almost forgotten what a pain in the ass it is. You have to go out to a cold crowd, and then actually pay attention to the rest of the show. They should pay me for this shit. Oh wait they are.

No comments: