Saturday, July 21, 2007

Guess who's on the cover of "O Magazine" this week?

I'm enjoying a rare Friday off tonight. Getting drunk on whiskey and coke's while I watch "Intervention" on A&E. Kind of a buzzkill. Sip. "Hey at least I don't do heroin!"
I don't know if you get your news from Comcast homepage like I do, but this week it's been all about Oprah and her dead dog. Apparently Oprah's beloved dog Gracie choked to death on a ball while she was with her dog nanny. Oprah said her dog's death was a lesson from God to her to "slow down..your moving to fast. She also said this about her dog. "She never stopped moving. Was energy in motion. ... I have never seen a being, human or animal, always so full of joy, This dog lived every moment as though it were her last.Thank you, thank you for being my saving Gracie." Fucking Oprah. Ok look I have had two cats die in the last 5 years, and it sucked A month ago I had to tell my 5 year old his cat "Snappy" was going to die. I didn't learn any lessons, and god didn't tell me anything other then cats shouldn't drink anti-freeze. I'm not trying to belittle anyone's grief over a dead pet, I know it is painful. But jesus christ Oprah, have a kid or something, you sound like a lunatic. Your dog "lived every moment as if it was her last." Yeah well she also licked her ass and pooped on the carpet, let's not pick and choose our lessons. She choked to death on a plastic ball. That's terrible, but I don't think it means anything. Maybe Oprah should give everyone in her audience nearly dead golden retrievers so they can learn life lessons too. "Everyone check under your chairs..."

No comments: