Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My daughter Maisy Catherine Rutledge was born on December 21st at 6:22pm. 7lbs 15oz, 19 inches long. Not that the stats matter. People talk about newborns like they're NFL running backs. She is doing great. Good sleeper too, not like her brother Johnny who had acid reflux and screamed for about 4 months straight. Maisy is good, Johnny is good, mommy Kristi is doing as good as you possibly can after squeezing a new papoose through your birth canal. All natural too, no epidural no nothing during the birth this time. Wow. I'm not sure that was a good idea. I'm doing well too. Can I be sappy for a blog minute? Am I allowed to sing a ballad? I had my 34th birthday on December 26th so maybe I'm feeling a bit reflective. I feel really fucking great right now. Please life don't fuck it up for me. I have a amazing wife. I've been married 10 years and I love the adult version of her even more then the early twenties one. I have two beautiful children. Yes they are often a pain in the ass, and occasionally incredibly difficult, but if you really want to have the full human experience you really should have some. Well maybe not "some" start with one and see how that goes. I even have a cat, two hermit crabs, a mini-van, and a really great house. And....I found a loophole. I tell jokes for a living. Yeah I'm broke, but who cares I was broke when I worked at a Mexican restaurant too, this is better. I am even uncharacteristically optimistic about my comedy career right now. 2008 is going to be a big year for me. Not to get to Oprah's "The Secret" about it, but good things are going to happen for me, I can just feel it. By the way Oprah, we know your secret. Your getting fat again. Welcome back. Happy New Year. Blog hugs for everybody.

No comments: