Monday, July 1, 2013

Jesus Please Cut The Cheese

One night as a little boy, right before I fell asleep, I noticed there was a piece of cheese on my nightstand. I remember that night I prayed to God that if he wanted to prove to me he was real, when I woke up the next day that piece of cheese would miraculously be cut in half. In the morning I sadly saw that the cheese remained as it had been the night before. For years I have considered that cheese prayer my first crisis of faith, and maybe it was. But for some reason until right now it never occurred to me that a kid who sleeps with cheese on the nightstand has also got some pretty serious food issues. I did give you a chance though Jesus. If you'd have cut that cheese like I asked I'd probably be a chubby Christian instead of a chubby agnostic.

No comments: